Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ruined city - Painting Phase Update 4 - the home stretch

My ruined city project continues to make great progress.  I have spent the past 2 weeks working hard on this project. I will show off the rest of the pieces as they are all now painted.

I am very happy with how the pieces turned out and the Belltower piece really shines.   The last step I really need to focus on is to find some statues for one of my pieces.


I used a lot of different flocks and grass to get some of the looks of the pieces. Here is an image of all the different types I used.





I completed 3 more standard pieces
















This piece will need to have the statues added to it, and I have not yet decided what to use for the statures.




The final piece is the Bell Tower. I have taken a a lot of in progress pictures for this piece, including some of the step by step of the Stained glass windows. My roommate Andy(majortusk on forums), suggested the method I currently am using. I was first going to try to just paint stain glass, but this method turned out to be very successful.



The Base for the Bell Tower






First stage of basecoat





Some final pieces I put together to add some detail to the model






For the stained glass I am printing off an image on transparency sheets used for overhead projectors.  I also had to glue them to back of a white piece of paper to brighten up the image.


Here is an example with and without the white background.






I also wanted to make one broken window and have some glass shards laying around.







Picture of front of the tower.















Some close-ups











No comments:

Post a Comment