Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ruined City - Building Phase - First Round Completed

I have now completed 16 sections for my ruined city modular board.  I will be taking a break from building pieces and spend the next month or so painting up and working on final touches of all the pieces I have built. I am hoping I can complete the next step by the end of January.

Once I complete painting and adding in details to these models I will go back to the casting models stage for probably 3 or 4 weeks as well.  I am very low on many blocks and I have a lot of work to rebuild my supply of Hirst Arts Pieces.

2 of my last 4 pieces will require a lot of work once the model is painted. I am making a small water piece, and another piece that will have some Statues on them when complete.

I also went thru step by step  pictures of the water piece.

These are pictures of 2 new "standard" ruined pieces



Close-up of the small tower





First pictures of Pool and Statue piece



















Final picture of my other 2 new pieces before I paint them. I will need to add some water effects to the pool, and I will need to add some statues to the 2nd piece..

I have been debating if i wanted to add a fountain to the pool, but it will really limit the ability for models to enter or move around in it. I want the piece to be more open, and any type of fountain will really limit that.











No comments:

Post a Comment