Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ruined city - Painting Phase Update 2 - Good progress

I have continued to work on the painting phase of this project.   I have 5 pieces very near completion and the pool piece is around 90% done. I have taken a lot of pictures of my progress.   The first 3 pictures are some the "standard" ruin city pieces.   



























This piece has a mix of fieldstone and standard blocks. I have tried to paint the standard blocks with a bit more gray base.  I may use this method for the base color of crypt and Bell Tower. I will be doing some other test colors as well for those pieces.







Pool piece.

This piece is so far my favorite piece.


First I had to make some test pieces to try out some water effects.

Test Piece  #1  Just trying different color schemes for the base color.










Test Piece #2  i added 1 layer of water to each test piece.







Test Piece #3 - i added some more water and I added some Dye to each of these. They both turned out a bit too dark, but I like the one on the left the most.







Now that I have a good idea of what I like.  I painted the bottom of the pool to help highlight the color once i pour in the water effect.







I poured the first layer of water effects



Another layer of water effects with some grass effects, which will also look like algie. I have to wait a day to pour each layer.







Another day later, and another layer of water effects.





I have added some more details to the rest of the piece.. After another day of drying I will need to try to seal the water with some type of varnish so i can put models on it without causing any sort of imprent.







Some upclose pictures.











No comments:

Post a Comment