Thursday, June 21, 2012

Making some Trees

I am making some terrain for one of our local game stores again. Last week I made some generic wall pieces, but I didn't take any pictures, because simple 4 inch walls aren't too exciting.

I spent some time last week working on some forests.

Materials used.
  • I bought  a small package of tree from woodland scenic. (I can make trees, but the time/effort isn't worth it) - 14 tress is about $25 and its all I needed.
  • I have a variety of flocking materials (pictures below)
  • Both .60 styrene sheets, and some flat wood boards to use as base for the trees.

Photobucket




Forest Bases


This part is fairly easy. I used some already cutout 1/4 inch wood boards I had from home Depot, and some cutout designs of the styrene sheets for the sizes of forest bases.




Photobucket


I then put flock on all of them.


Photobucket


Tree Bases


This part takes a little bit of work and time.

I need to cut out and paint the bases for the tree. I paint them brown, in case any flock falls off over time, it will look like dirt.

I cut out the small shapes with styrene. this way its sturdy enough to balance on.

In progress Paint pictures

Photobucket


Next step is to glue the tress to these bases

Photobucket



Now I need to get the base of these trees to look nice.


Photobucket



Some of the other flocking materials I used

Photobucket


Examples of finished bases.


Photobucket

Photobucket



Finished Trees


Photobucket



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment